Skip to content
Celebrating our 32nd Year!

Since 1986 Signal Communication Systems has provided commercial communication and security products and services.  In today’s world, there are now many products that consumers or small businesses can and want to install themselves.  We have done the searching for a small number of products that, we feel, can provide years of excellent service.  Most of the products we selected also have installation and on-going support available from the vendors.   Signal can also install any of these products if you prefer.

We will continue to add products that fit the above criteria to this category as we come across them.

Thank you!

Dakota Alert

Wireless perimeter protection. Dakota has been the leading name in the driveway alarm business since 1991.  Our wireless products have a great range and can work up to several miles.  With sensors that detect people, vehicles, or both, we have a number of different options for our customers.  The 4000 Series range is a maximum of one mile, depending on terrain and obstacles.  The MURS Series can be used up to two and one-half miles, depending on terrain and obstacles, and is less conservative on battery use than the 4000 series.  Both product lines require a Transmitter and at least one receiver.  Transmitters come in a variety of configurations.  You can use multiple-transmitters and receivers to achieve the coverage desired.



We offer Laminated Steel Padlocks which are the strongest padlocks available.  Because they are easy to manufacture and very strong, they are a great choice for the consumer.  We use only Masterlock and uniquely offer “Keyed Alike” sets in quantities of six or more.  No need to carry a ring of keys around.  These are all special order, please allow approximately three weeks for delivery.  We can match an existing A series key or you can start a new key code for your needs.


Bolide® Technology Group, Inc. is a worldwide manufacturer and ISO 9001:2008 certified distributor of CCTV surveillance products and accessories based in Southern California. Over the years, the company has grown and expanded its reach through our partners around the globe. For the DYI crowd, we offer the BTG line of extremely well featured and very cost effective cameras.  Two kits are available as well as two wireless battery powered cameras.  The no subscription door camera is a best seller. Contact us with questions!


Fiber Fence Perimeter Protection

The Fiber Fence Security System is used primarily for detecting intrusions and fence damage.  Fiber has an exceptional monitoring range (up to ten miles).  The sensors do not require power beyond the Zone Control Unit. Fiber fence operates utilizing a Mouse Trip mounted at regular intervals along the fence line.  When the cable is disturbed , the Zone Control Unit detects the change in light and sets off the alarm.  Multiple zones and controlling software is possible for large installations.  We can provide design and estimates for free.  Please see our Perimeter Protection tab on this website for complex or large installations.


Here we are offering a simple system with a single gated entry, typical rectangular perimeter as a package.

100’ Basic kit Includes Zone Control Unit, 200’ of Simplex Fiber suitable for an upper and lower detection zone for a 100’ fence, eight Mini-Mouse Trip detectors, ten corner guards, one Opti-mag Gate Control, one 110db dual tone siren and mounting hardware, pre-attached connectors, housings and instructions.  $1199.00

Each additional 25’of fence section (includes 50’ fiber, two Mini-Mouse Trips (as needed) and mounting zip ties) For preconnectorized cable, additional footage MUST be ordered at same time as Kit above $35

Additional Corner Guards $9.00

Optional Signaling Devices

Warbling Horn, 120db, vandal resistant, weather resistant with power supply $69.00

Flashing Blue Strobe and 105db sounder, IP66 rated, includes power supply $89.00

Warning Voice Announcer with Horn (up to 7 minute announcement) $219.00

Video Camera with IR, Built-in Floodlight, SD recording chip, IP66 weather rating $265.00

Advanced Wireless Communications

Advanced Wireless Communications offers a very compact series of highly reliable and durable two-way radios.  The radios come ready to use out of the box with four programmed channels.  We offer the two watt and its more powerful cousin four watt version.  One of the two watt models features Bluetooth headset compatibility.

AWC offers a full line of accessory headsets and speaker microphones and a variety of call boxes.  Also ask us about the Page 2 Talk interconnect to greatly enhance the functionality of your two-way radios.

Product FCC Licensing (USA)

The Federal Communications Commission (FCC) regulates most forms of electronic transmission in the United States, including two-way radio, and wireless. All of these require licensing of some sort come pursuant to criteria determined by the FCC and legislatorsWhile most licensed operators qualify under commercial use, individuals may also require FCC approval of ham and two-way radio even if transmission occurs for personal use. All UHF transmission needs a license, while VHF stations with more than 250 watts also require a permit.
Any communications occurring within the United States and its possessions may be subject to FCC regulation, in addition to international transmission that passes through, begins or ends in the U.S. This complies with the agency's mandate of preventing "hogging" of available bandwidth, enabling fair competition and promoting diversity of transmission. Transmitting without a license is a federal offense, and not knowing whether you required licensing to begin with can't be used as a defense. Processing times for applications vary, although most take a minimum of two weeks, so avoid deploying equipment before your license arrives.
Customer understands that it is solely the Customer’s responsibility to ensure that all proper licensing and permits are obtained prior to the installation and usage of any licensed equipment purchased through this site is used. Advanced Wireless Communications can assist Customers in obtaining such licenses upon request. Contact Advanced Wireless Communications Customer Service for more details and pricing.


Scroll To Top